Sunday, June 01, 2008

...IT'S CYNDI, BITCH! HOLLA...




























I must have some kind of strange 6th sense... some kind of cosmic link to the pop universe. About 6 months ago I went through an insane Cyndi Lauper re-discovery period. I was looking for some inspiration for my own stuff and was going through "the vaults" when I came across the track Mizz Lauper recorded for the Goonies soundtrack entitled "Good Enough". I immediately began downloading as much of her stuff as possible and could not get over how amazing it was. 'She Bop', 'Money Changes Everything', 'Change of Heart', 'All Through the Night, 'Time After Time', 'Shine', the list goes on and on... they were and still are pop gems. She has this insane ability to be raw and pop at the same time. The production at the time was raising the bar for her peers and yet, she was still able to maintain this unique voice, it always felt sincere.

Well, Cyndi is back in a major way (!) with her newest release entitled 'BRING YA TO THE BRINK'!!! Seriously, people... I need you to understand this: I have not been this excited for an artist's return since Kylie Minogue rubbed 'Can't Get You Outta My Head' in our fickle-ass American faces. Most of you know how I feel about my Kylie ;)

I happened upon this album's recent release accidentally while fartin' around on iTunes last week, and in ONE week it has shot to #6 on the album downloads list. I am SO PROUD of our CYNDI! It really is about damn time. I say we all buy the fuck out of this album and get home girl to number 1!


Click HERE to preview tracks from 'BRING YA TO THE BRINK'! I highly recommend 'Into the Nightlife', 'Echo' and 'Grab a Hold'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home